Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Night Out

I have contemplated about sending you a message to express my appreciation for all that you have done tonight, the significance of a seemingly inconsequential act of friendship. But I have decided against it. I believe a post here would prove to be a fitting reflection of my gratitude, far more than what a private correspondence would ever achieve.


Fear not for the confidentiality of this humble entry, because I believe only significant friends dare venture into this realm of confounding arrangement of words and they deserve an opportunity to agree and share such recognition for your contributions. Even if unintended eyes chanced upon this proclamation - particularly the company of special people who abandoned your camaraderie recently - they should grasp the magnitude of their loss and realize the tremendous gain that I am fortunate enough to inherit.


So thank you for rescuing me from another night of isolation when no one else cared, especially when external forces rendered me immobile to seek my own amusement. I treasure your efforts in helping me experience my favourite routine that I have lost with the divergence of my previous clique members’ directions. It is always nice to travel down the avenues of fond memories.


More importantly, I appreciate the fact that you spent some of your precious time to shed new light on crucial philosophies that may probably instigate major life developments. Your offering of alternative perspective on current distresses is invaluable too, despite the bitterness it caused. Hopefully, the day will come when I am able to repay such gestures.


Either way, it is high time I reciprocated and feature you in my writings. I hope you will find this fitting enough as the inaugural dedication. However, if you find it lacking, feel free to share your thoughts regarding this. I promise I will shrug and give you my version of the ‘life is never fair’ speech. =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

bimbo to brain,

haha I had so much fun too! but it would’ve been better if u had Managed to get on e swing as well & drank e caramel hot choc while it was still hot Muahaha

I find it very very sweet ..however am prepared to listen to ur ‘life is never fair’ speech

p/s: sorry for e bitterness caused.

Chiam said...

Alas, all that I do must have some sort of inadequacy. But that's too bad, because there is nothing I will change about this memory. Hehe.

Also, the bitterness was totally not of your doing. The truth is hard to hear, and such revelations, no matter how painful, must be acknowledged.