Sunday, July 01, 2007

Radios in Heaven

It is the end of an era, in more ways than one. I have successfully completed my last week of my job as a Project Manager without complications; before embarking in the next phase of my career path as a Business Advisor. Instead of being wildly enthusiastic of my future prospects, I am only reminded of the disintegration of something more important. Friendships are fracturing lately due to everyone moving in separate directions according to their destiny.

As the semesters of various universities abroad and local colleges conclude their courses, the life of a lonely KL-ite regains some sort of resemblance of happier and simpler times. Fellow IDIOTs away are trickling back to the Motherland of Mamak Cuisine, promising future ventures late into the night in search for food and brotherly companionship. Yet, as familiar faces flood the arrival gates, I cannot help but notice the absent faces among the throng.

The heart is weary at the stream of memories, filled with both fondness and sorrow. It is always a shame to lose someone close to our hearts indefinitely, especially a character brimming with life and optimistic dreams at a fresh young age. I am sure many of us are still reeling from the shock and subsequent struggles to move on with our routines; but hopefully, only faith of a better place perpetuates now.

It has always been a peeve of mine to not honour a passing like many others had. As touching as they are, words of commiseration and gifts of condolences consecrated by those within my circle further compound the agony of loss. It has been an arduous journey, but after a little more than the passing of two full seasons, I have finally come to terms with one of existence’s inevitability. So at the risk of rekindling gloomy reminiscences, I dedicate this to the Boss himself.


*Rubin, you still feature in our thoughts.*

3 Comments:

HobbiT said...

Beautiful song.

I miss him.

Feels like just yesterday when we were at Telawi 4 having barbecues and you all were playing dota together.

Stupid bugger. *sniff*

Chiam said...

Yeah, that's how rock bands operate. They churn out meaningful lyrics: fitting instead of polluting the air waves with boasts of conquests and substance advocacy; and personal instead of general messages in most ballads.

HobbiT said...

I wrote two words about the song, and 4 sentences abt rubin. and you wrote an entire paragraph criticising music other than the rock genre? man... focus!