Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Retort

Much has been spoken about the contents of this page; of my refreshing views on life in general and the provocative perspective I propagate. That is if any of my readers are able to comprehend the message I am conveying.


Yes, I admit my penchant of extravagant word arrangement can be baffling sometimes, and my phrasing techniques give no credit to most scholars of the language. But I love words; the long, the short, the exquisite, even the coarse.


One need not go far to comprehend my style of writing; my influences range from the unorthodox euphemisms in sombre musical lyrics to the appositely evocative verbal imagery featured within tomes of the fantasy genre, hence the preference for unconventional idioms.


Moreover, this web-waste has been a reluctant victim faithful companion for my experimentations. It provides me with a convenient opportunity to integrate any recently introduced terminologies or composing methodologies immediately, albeit with impertinent results.


In other words, this blog is my chance to flaunt and boast about the remarkable vocabulary that I have amassed throughout my years of reading eloquent novels, while showing off my impeccable taste - which incidentally is comparable to any respectable connoisseur - by indulging in profound rhythmic poetry that is alternative rock. The fact that all these literary pieces are obscure and are unpolluted by the mainstream media further illustrates my sophistication in the arts. =)


Alas, I am compelled to descend from my superiority to appease my ardent legion of enthusiasts. Their devotion merits some form of reciprocation on my behalf, and I honestly would rather have them apprehend the subtle profundity of each message composed here.


Yet, I shall not repudiate my noble intentions to foster a strong appreciation of the language in its various forms. Thus, as I cease my inducement for palliatives on my readers with my confounding prose structure, I leave the literature to the proficient.


Yes, the acclaimed Anthem Anthology is back again, except for some noticeable exclusion. Even though the relevance of the forthcoming featured tunes to my current predicaments is peculiarly significant, I intend to abstain from funnelling complementing the formation of your independent interpretations. So, pardon me if no supplementary commentaries accompanying the included songs are incorporated.


Putting it in layman terms, I’m lazy. So think embedding the song, or its video equivalent, as well as researching the respective lyrics is more than enough labour after a long day’s work consisting of a combination of interviewing bosses, generating reports and long-distance travelling. =P

0 Comments: