Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Evolution

Wow, after a week’s passing, where should I begin? The sheer number of occurrences within my growing checklist of blog items renders me paralysed in indecision, slender fingers poised above the keys. Therefore, please accept my humble apologies for breezing through some of the latest developments and leave your critical thoughts your own. Further clarification will be provided if what you read here does not suffice, so feel free to approach me in person.

They say the best way to start is in the beginning, and with me at my wits end, I will rein in my tendency to rebel and follow suit. The beginning of the week played host to probably the most noteworthy event so far as Monday saw the commencement of my new career. I have since shed my previous role as a project manager and assumed new responsibilities as an internal auditor - or in official terms a business advisor. I suspect that more cunctators will be familiar with the job title of a consultant though, even though it is ever so slightly misleading. Nevertheless, each position is one and the same. More information on the company will be divulged later.

This should be a good juncture for me to announce that this space will experience some degree of change to suit my latest endeavours. Do not be alarmed, fellow cunctators, for this is merely a natural progression, as amendments to the fundamental objectives usually herald an adjustment in standard procedures. I must admit that I can no longer sustain this blog’s frequent maintenance with the demanding workload expected from me, nor do I want to.

It is no secret how much I enjoy words, used in composing and deciphering subtle messages, so this is not a notice of this web-waste’s termination. No, this is simply a request of your graces in regards to the future lack of such indulgences. I do not believe it is within my capabilities to churn out as many posts as before. I do not wish to exploit this blog as a façade for my concentration on a computer given that I do not need an outlet to avoid work anymore. The company facilitates the passing of time between my coming and leaving for me, limiting my contributions here to nights after work (if I’m not too exhausted) or the weekends like today.

For now, I must excuse myself to recuperate after the hectic first week. Too much information has been forced into my feeble intelligence, and the quarter I spent on mindless procrastination has diminished my knowledge absorption rate even more. Do not fret though, for more updates are forthcoming, as and when I am able to write them. Just don’t wait for it with abated breath. There is no use for my faithful readers to start dropping like flies now, is there? =)

0 Comments: