Thursday, June 07, 2007

Good Life

In a bid to please my faithful Cunctation cohorts’ desire for consistency, I was working through lunch to deliver yet another heart-wrenching entry, deluded that I could finish up before I take my welcomed midday meal break by the second hour. Sure, I was straining my literary capabilities amidst having provocative discussions of religion and vocations, but I must be commended for my dedication and my intellect to produce yet another enjoyable read.

Alas, my time management was betrayed by an unexpected crisis. Why would anyone organize the arrival of trucks that could not shoulder the predetermined capacity? No matter. My dazzling negotiating and delegating skill shone through once again and averted another potential penalty for the company. However, my invaluable expertise came with a price, my own appetite was not fulfilled and you, my friends, know how much I treasure my food.

This calls for a perk today, and what can brighten up my day better than a favourite song? (I can think of a dozen other things that could have but that is not the point.) To those who questioned my sensitivity towards my readers, I DID notice my previous songs posted here depict the more depressing moments of life, complemented by their almost wailing harmonies. Rest be assured, my dear fans, today is different.

Today’s instalment provides a buoyant, if not downright jolly, tune. How couldn’t it, I got it from the series Scrubs. I bet some of you will be swaying to its melody, with a lit up lighter in hand. Having said that, the deeper implications are no less melancholic. Lyrically, it revolves around the ending of a love; resign and bitter, yet still hopeful for the other. So why did I like this song? The turmoil and conflicting emotions, of course. I am a confused young man. =)


Softly now, you owe it to the world
And everyone knows that you're my favourite girl
But there are some things in life that are not meant to be
I'm not meant for you, and you're not meant for me
Here's to our problems and here's to our fights
Here's to our achings and here's to your having...
A good life, from me


Softly now, you owe it to yourself
And don’t think that you will be left on the shelf
’Cause, there's someone for you and there's someone for me
Like me, you'll meet them eventually
Here's to your lover and here's to my wife
Here's to your children and here's to your having...
A good life, from me


Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby


Loudly now, you've lost all your pain
You're married with children and happy again
Now I'm regretting the moves that I made
Fatal mistakes are so easily made
Enough of my problems they only cause fights
Forget that I rang you and promise that you'll have
Such a beautifully happy and painlessly romantic...
Good life, from me
Good life

0 Comments: