Monday, June 18, 2007

The Renunciation

Pardon the double entry, but I hereby renege my previous declarations for platitudes of affections towards my family. I realize that this is an un-Christianly act to follow, but no person who publicly shamed or undermined me deserves any offers of adoration from me.

If I am able, I will not cease to honour my parents and hold my biting tongue behind my clenched teeth, effectively reining in the cutting remarks unlike my favoured brother. Yet, do not expect me to obligingly execute assigned tasks any longer like the dutiful son I was.

It is true that I have not pursued to please others zealously like my counterparts before and aimed to chart my own paths. Still, the lack of appreciation for experimentation and individuality does not absolve preferential treatments nor the disparaging of anything remotely associated to me.

Alas, this is nothing but the markings of a bitter man over things trivial and inconsequential with the passing of years to come. I just hope that this is somewhat therapeutic both as a constructive cathartic release as well as a distraction when sleep does not take me in.

0 Comments: