Tuesday, June 05, 2007

November Rain

Continuing with my old school theme, this song to me is mainly on the understanding that some things take time to nurture, especially something as precious as love. Considered as one of the best song of the century (among all the other soppy ones), I find the conflicting mentalities and theories fascinating. Within a single song, it encourages both wild abandonment as well as the cautious consideration of growth in love.

Guess which approach I am inclined to? I suppose it neatly ties up with a recent quote I chanced upon in my readings: “Some things can’t be planned. They must be lived, in the every changing flow of the moment,” (McKenna, 2003). Some information just comes too late.

I must admit that at first, I do not know what prologue I should provide to precede such a work of art by the legendary Guns ‘n’ Roses. Did quite a job now, have I? Unless, of course, that you find this pretentious artistic interpretation cloyingly charming. Heh. One warning though, it is quite long for the unwary and, as previously said, it is of the old school rock genre that we rarely hear on the airwaves nowadays. I can still hear the Mat Rempits trying to nail the many rifts down. =)


When I look into your eyes I can see a love restrained
But darling when I hold you, don't you know I feel the same
'Cause nothing lasts forever and we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain

We've been through this such a long, long time
Just trying to kill the pain

But lovers always come and lovers always go
And no one's really sure who's letting go today
Walking away
If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head just knowing that you were mine
All mine

So if you want to love me then darling don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walking in the cold November rain

Do you need some time... on your own
Do you need some time... all alone
Everybody needs some time... on their own
Don't you know you need some time... all alone

I know it's hard to keep an open heart
When even friends seem out to harm you
But if you could heal a broken heart
Wouldn't time be out to charm you

Sometimes I need some time... on my own
Sometimes I need some time... all alone
Everybody needs some time... on their own
Don't you know you need some time... all alone

And when your fears subside and shadows still remain
I know that you can love me when there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness, we still can find a way
'Cause nothing lasts forever even cold November rain

Don't you think that you need somebody
Don't you think that you need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one
You're not the only one

0 Comments: