Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Difference Maker

I am no Garfield, but Mondays are always a challenge to endure. The psyche plays tricks on the working body as reminiscences of comprehensive sleep and coveted R&R resonates within the mind; constantly taunting the weary soul. Strangely, yesterday was atypical.

Since I have been told that I come off as whiny when I write in this waste of web-space, I’ll limit the elaboration of this rejuvenation I feel to one word: company. So to the ones who could not stomach my flamboyant expressions, you can turn away now as I continue to elucidate further.

You are still here? Good. Let me begin then by quoting a few definitions of the said word:

Company - An institution created to conduct business.

My recent job is picking up recently, with more concrete tasks being assigned to yours truly. Even though everything is piling up now (I, after all, am in charge of most of the departments), I actually am beginning to like my job. Just don’t hold this against me when I am overwhelmed. =)

Company - A band of people associated temporarily in some activity.

Yesterday marks my first session in Bible Study Fellowship (BSF), and concurrently my first step in renewing my relationship with the Big Guy. I won’t pretend to understand everything that was said, nor would I agree with most issues articulated, but at least it is a start.

Company - A social gathering of guests or companions.

The rekindling of a friendship is always good, especially one as important as this. Regardless of the struggles to avoid staring and the inadequacies I feel in the midst of a remarkable mind, it is a blessing alone that I was given this opportunity to enjoy such camaraderie albeit the stupid things I have previously said and done. I missed everything about it: the light witty banter; the relentless friendly jibes; the loitering in the middle of the night; I even missed eating out that late.

At the end of the day, literally and figuratively, I am sleepier than usual at work yet I can’t seem to be able to push away this silly grin plastered on my chiselled face, even when I’m supposed to be serious and professional in meetings. How could I? Work is now what it’s supposed to be; a mere distraction to lessen the time until I meet familiar faces once more. BSF is my opportunity to form new friendships till old ones return. And then there’s Bo. Enough said. =)

In other words, I’m feeling good.

0 Comments: