Thursday, May 17, 2007

The First Tag

I would think that this blog is testament enough for all my eccentricities and peculiarities. Yet, I must admit words within this digital clutter do not fully reflect my individuality in its entirety. Still, some of the oddities mentioned here should be well-known by now, among best friends and acquaintances alike. Most are not facts that I hide. In fact, I wear them proudly like a badge of honour (for further comprehension, refer to the previous post).

Well, here are six of the many quirks that made me the unique IDIOT I am:

1. Kwan Loong Medical Oil

This multi-purpose Eucalyptus ointment needs no introduction among my list of weird habits. My reputation for being constantly prepared for most irritations precedes me, as I usually (if not daily) pocket a miniature bottle of this Fung Yao everywhere I go. If you know me at all, you should know that I fancy its refreshing but acquired smell, and will occasionally steal a sniff throughout the day. Why? Ask me in person if you haven’t already known.

2. Death

Since I was very young and naïve, an intuition has been niggling at the back of my mind of the likely time of my demise (at 30 years of age) and the possible cause of my death (in a horrific motor vehicle accident). For the faint hearted fans of this blog, rest be assured there is nothing to be worried about; there is still time albeit limited. So, for the many times I may come across as impatient; remember it is because this notion has just crossed my mind.

3. Sleep

I am definitely a heavy sleeper. I am known to be able to sleep through anything. Ask anyone who tried to wake me up. I can sleep in any position. Ask the passengers of public transport. I was told that I sometimes sleep with my eyes open. Ask my classmates during lectures. All this for the sake of sleeping in class. However much I resist the mentality of paper chasing, I am but a reluctant passenger along this wave of education that featured in our lives.

4. Substances

Most of my family members are fond lovers of alcohol, but I do not drink. Medical reasons are the best justifications, but I will quote none. Rather simply, I never liked it. Most of my friends are fans of nicotine, but I do not smoke. Health issues can be the best explanations, but I will state none. Quite plainly, I rather have my Fung Yao. I guess hereditary inclinations and peer pressure have no claim on me… yet.

5. Senses

Have you seen the Sony Walkman’s soundaholic advertisement? I am not like him. Of all the five senses, I favour touch the most. I enjoy the texture of most things and I would gladly run my fingers over any object. In fact, I run my fingers over nothing at all sometimes just to feel the air moving. I love my hands. However, in contrast to popular belief, I am not much of a touchy-feely person when it comes to people. Why? Ask me in person.

6. Paragraphs

This is not one of my widespread facts of myself but in case you haven’t realized, I like odd numbers, or at least patterns in sequences. I have a penchant to limit my paragraphs to an odd number of lines, and for this post, the magic number is five. If I exceed this odd number target, I will either edit the paragraph extensively to fit or I will concoct further drivel to reach the next odd number. That is why I take an extended period of time to write anything.

7. Rebel

My affinity for odd numbers has been stated before this, so is there any doubt that I would not stop at six? There is another thing that I probably should mention: I do not sign up on a list in numerical order. I usually tend to register ahead on a number that I am partial to if I can help it, most likely a number with a seven on it or an odd number in the twenties. What can I say? I’m a rebel. =)

0 Comments: