Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Rallying Call

The time between reaching and finally leaving is sometimes called going to work. =) With the lack of clear instruction of all that I am supposed to undertake, days drag on without a distraction in sight. Sure, some claim this banal daily routine should be enjoyed, as I am getting paid for doing absolutely nothing. In fact, normally I would agree.

Everything would be fine and dandy if I am not required to be present everyday to remain eligible for that monthly monetary bribery. Here, I have no access to an idiot box that I can stare at to let hours slip by. Neither do I have a game or two to occupy my attention for the whole day. But most irritatingly, I have no bed to lounge upon and dream of my favourite people.

So, to occupy my time during working hours, I resort to blogs of others instead of twiddling my thumbs and making funny noises. However, they weren’t much help since everyone seem to be on an extended hiatus from blogging. No one seems to be in a blogging mood. So, this entry is my attempt to break this deadlock. Hopefully this will spur the rest of you into blogging frenzy.

The only problem lies in the fact that it is too strenuous for my long inactive mind to compose yet another provocative literary piece for the viewing pleasure of those lounging at home. In other words, I have nothing to say. Maybe I should exercise the primary objective of online journals such as this one – being a simple diary chronicling ‘interesting’ daily occurrences.

Yet, where is the fun in blowing your own trumpet? Who would be interested in the occasional outstanding rituals of a simple man? To be fair, I am in possession a number of unfinished pieces, half-written due to the exhaustion of creative juices or the diminishing of interest in the end. Who knows? We might find one of them published here someday.

As for now, I guess there won’t be any concrete purpose to this post because staring at it is not helping time pass by any faster. Good time for me to wrap this up, don’t you think? Once again, don’t hold your breath while waiting for those complex entries I prefer to put up. I can’t seem to convey the vague ideas into actual words.

0 Comments: